Welcome all students, parents and staff!
TMS welcomes Ms. Michelle Posley, our new Assistant Principal!
Welcome to Thomasville Middle School
On behalf of the faculty and staff of Thomasville Middle School, I welcome you to the start of the 2014-2015 school year! It is such an honor to serve you this year as principal of TMS. We are committed to being a safe, creative, challenging, and fun place for students to grow and learn.
Several members of the staff have participated in numerous professional development offerings during the summer. In addition, we have worked on updating our Instructional Focus Calendars in preparation for the arrival of students on August 25, 2014. We will have high expectations for behavior and achievement and our staff will continue to learn in order to make sure we are providing the best possible education to our students.
The instructional day will begin at 8:00 am and we will dismiss daily at 3:00 pm. You will find below a list of important information regarding the opening of school. However, feel free to explore our school website for additional information. The site will be updated regularly and is a great source of information about our school.
Parents and the community are encouraged to stay involved with their children’s education. We would like to have parents volunteer and serve on our School Improvement Team. We also would like to increase the number of members involved with the TMS PTA.
Important Reminders & Procedures
- Students may begin arriving for school at 7:30 am
- The school hours are 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW
· Students arriving to school tardy must be accompanied by an adult and signed in.
· Supervision is provided at 7:30 am for students who arrive early. Please do not bring your child to school before that time since there is no supervision.
· All parents/visitors must report directly to the school office. The office personnel will provide information and assistance in an effort to keep classroom interruptions at a minimum.
· Students who walk home should not remain on campus after dismissal unless they are participating in an after-school activity.
· Parents/guardians picking students up in the car rider line, to ensure safety, please follow the direction of the staff on duty and form one line. We will make every effort that the line moves quickly, however our goal is for everyone to be picked up safely.
· SMOD will be observed this school year. As an incentive, students may receive an ANNOUNCED SMOD Free Day at designated times throughout the year.
MINIMIZING CLASSROOM INTERRUPTIONS
· Every effort is made to minimize classroom interruptions. Please help us with the following guidelines:
o Make sure your child is well prepared with necessary materials (paper, writing utensils, homework, gym clothes, etc.) and dressed appropriately in SMOD each day.
TMS Administrators are available Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm. Other times for appointments can be scheduled by calling the school at (336) 474-4120.